Old 25-09-2017, 11:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Fall garden

On 9/25/2017 4:34 PM, Derald wrote:
George Shirley wrote:

On 9/25/2017 10:35 AM, Derald wrote:
George Shirley wrote:

No mushroom farms here that we can find, Black Cow is about the best we
can do and is reasonably cheap.

Well, that's getting it the hard way. I bought mine in plastic
bags. It was stacked right next to the Black Cow at the almost local
Lowe's handy homeowner BBS. Home Desperate may have it, too.

That's Home Despot, I don't go there after being screwed once on a
purchase.(If you can't read my typing it's my bad hand.) Plus Lowe's is
closer and cheaper, really don't go there except for light bulbs to fit
our Chinese lamps, bought in Sordid Arabia, and cow poop in a bag. Never
thought as a country boy that you could actually buy the same poop I
scooped up from out milk cow. My chore was to bring up the cow and calf,
milk the cow, by hand of course, strain the milk (don't know why but Mom
said to, looked like good milk to me), then I had to get the butter fat
with the machine that got the butter fat out, then bottle the milk and
into the big fridge, in hopes our neighbor's without a cow would buy
some. I used to use a small rope to tie the cow's tail to her leg so it
wouldn't swat me while she was being milked. I hated that nasty old cow,
was glad when we turned the bull calf and his momma into steaks and
roast and we then bought milk. Yay!