Old 29-10-2017, 01:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default light frost

Went out at daylight and found frost on the grass but not on the raised
bed gardens. Looks like we might get a freeze before to long but I hope not.

The born again pears (first crop came on in early January and then were
hit twice with a hard freeze. Then they came back blooming and putting
on fruit and that fruit is turning a russet color toward ripeness and
are being hunted by another freeze. Naturally the fruit are about the
size of a golf ball so there's not going to be much fruit to eat or
preserve. Maybe next season, aka January 2018, we won't have a double
down freeze again.

Not only all that above but the tree is blooming again, I'm afraid
there's going to be another hard freeze before spring. I'm thinking of
throwing a tarp over the tree just to save the blooms for next year.
Have some old two by fours about sixteen feet long that might just hold
up a tarp and might even confuse the folks driving by. G

George