Old 01-12-2017, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_6_] Bob Hobden[_6_] is offline

Default Beyond naubergine - nulloco!

On 1 Dec 2017 15:28, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

I have found another vegetable that saves me the the effort of
harvesting it. While the conditions were not ideal, I was surprised
to find absolutely nothing under the plants. Has anyone had more
success? And, if so, where in the UK? I am near Cambridge.
$a

Just S of Staines.
The only time we had good success growing them outside was when we grew
them in large 10 inch pots in full sun. Lots of sun and water/feed and
we won the local show with them against all others which were
greenhouse grown. Whenever we have tried to grow them out on the
allotment we have little success even if they are initially protected
with large cloches, has to be a very hot summer I think.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden