Old 01-12-2017, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Beyond naubergine - nulloco!

I have found another vegetable that saves me the the effort of
harvesting it. While the conditions were not ideal, I was surprised
to find absolutely nothing under the plants. Has anyone had more
success? And, if so, where in the UK? I am near Cambridge.
$a

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:

I have found another vegetable that saves me the the effort of
harvesting it. While the conditions were not ideal, I was surprised
to find absolutely nothing under the plants. Has anyone had more
success? And, if so, where in the UK? I am near Cambridge.

Just S of Staines.
The only time we had good success growing them outside was when we grew
them in large 10 inch pots in full sun. Lots of sun and water/feed and
we won the local show with them against all others which were
greenhouse grown. Whenever we have tried to grow them out on the
allotment we have little success even if they are initially protected
with large cloches, has to be a very hot summer I think.

Thanks. That makes sense. They will join the rest of the things with
similar properties :-(

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/12/2017 19:32, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:

I have found another vegetable that saves me the the effort of
harvesting it. While the conditions were not ideal, I was surprised
to find absolutely nothing under the plants. Has anyone had more
success? And, if so, where in the UK? I am near Cambridge.

Just S of Staines.
The only time we had good success growing them outside was when we grew
them in large 10 inch pots in full sun. Lots of sun and water/feed and
we won the local show with them against all others which were
greenhouse grown. Whenever we have tried to grow them out on the
allotment we have little success even if they are initially protected
with large cloches, has to be a very hot summer I think.

Thanks. That makes sense. They will join the rest of the things with
similar properties :-(

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

A very rich compost heap?
Old 02-12-2017, 09:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bob Hobden wrote:

[...]

Joking aside a hot bed might well be the answer.
Provided there is also
plenty of sun and water

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 02-12-2017, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:
On 2 Dec 2017 08:36, Broadback wrote:

Thanks. That makes sense. They will join the rest of the things with
similar properties :-(

A very rich compost heap?

Natch :-)

Joking aside a hot bed might well be the answer.
Provided there is also
plenty of sun and water

Do you know any good weather witches?

Regards,