Old 25-01-2018, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Help with identifying a tree in East London, UK?

On 25/01/2018 18:37, Breeze wrote:
Hi, I have been searching tree websites in vain, trying to find the name
of a tree in my neighbourhood that intrigues me.

It keeps all its leave all winter, but appears to be a deciduous rather
than an evergreen tree!

Here's what I can see:

Height -- extremely tall, tallest above other nearby trees

Shape: creates a large, wide shape (not spindly but spread out wide and
tall)

Bark: Can only see from a distance but looks smooth, pale tan-brown
(camel coloured)

Leaves: smooth oval shaped "leaflets" I think they would be called.

Never drops its leaves in Autumn! Stays looking like a summer tree all
winter. All leaves are green, never turn brown.

Eliminated: I know it's not oak, willow, silver birch or an
evergreen/conifer.

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Photo please.

Sounds a bit like a eucalyptus of some sort.

Andy