Old 03-03-2018, 03:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Re-powering a tiller

On 3/2/2018 9:22 PM, wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:

So I get on eBay , and there's a guy selling 6 hp Honda "OHC"
motors for around a hundred bucks . Most likely it's an OHV motor , but
still it's probably twice what that B&S put out when new .

It's for sure a OHV engine but Honda does offer residential and
commercial SOHC engines intended for pressure washers and the like so
the seller's description may be correct.

Â* It turns out he is in fact correct . I had no idea the technology had
trickled down to lawn mowers . Actually this motor came from a pressure
washer that had a bad pressure pump . Looks like new , except that you
can tell some stickers have been peeled off .Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* BetÂ* a quarter I've
got the only single overhead cam tiller in The Holler ...

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on