Old 23-03-2018, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dan S. MacAbre[_2_] Dan S. MacAbre[_2_] is offline

Default Tough Snowberry :-)

I took a cutting of a snowberry growing by the side of a main road last
year. Even though I covered it with a plastic bag, the leaves fell off
after a few months, leaving a thin stalk. At the end of last year, I
was emptying the pot to put away, and I noticed the stalk had a couple
of short roots at the bottom. Not expecting much, I put it back in
compost and left it in the back garden. Now, against all expectation,
the thing has a couple of small leaves growing.