Old 23-03-2018, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tough Snowberry :-)

On 23/03/2018 14:18, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
I took a cutting of a snowberry growing by the side of a main road
last year. Even though I covered it with a plastic bag, the leaves
fell off after a few months, leaving a thin stalk. At the end of
last year, I was emptying the pot to put away, and I noticed the
stalk had a couple of short roots at the bottom. Not expecting much,
I put it back in compost and left it in the back garden. Now,
against all expectation, the thing has a couple of small leaves
growing.

Be careful what you wish for it is quite an invasive thug in a small
garden - rather more so than ivy or honeysuckle IME.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown