Old 26-03-2018, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Planters/tubs

On 25/03/2018 13:24, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 25/03/18 10:54, Broadback wrote:

The other thing I would avoid is pots which have a smaller diameter at
the top than half way down.

+1
I have a small container like that where the diameter of middle of the
pot is just perceptibly larger than the diameter of the top. This year
it cracked around the middle of the pot.

The problem of going plastic is knowing if the plastic is UV protected.
I've got very cheap plastic containers that are still going strong after
10 years but have had more expensive containers where the plastic has
gone brittle and cracked after a couple of years.