Old 05-04-2018, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim S Jim S is offline

Default Shredded paper

On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 23:01:49 +0100, David wrote:

I have several black sacks of mixed shredded paper which I was going to
dig into the garden, but I am wondering what would happen if I used the
paper in the bottom of my Potato trenches, then dosed with a high
nitrogen fertilizer before covering and planting the potatoes.
Any comments?
David @ a still very wet side of Swansea Bay.

Can't do any harm. I would make sure it is thoroughly wet before
backfilling and probably wise to add some slug pellets.
--
Jim S