Old 06-04-2018, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dan S. MacAbre[_2_] Dan S. MacAbre[_2_] is offline

Default Shredded paper

Janet wrote:
In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

I have several black sacks of mixed shredded paper which I was going to
dig into the garden, but I am wondering what would happen if I used the
paper in the bottom of my Potato trenches, then dosed with a high
nitrogen fertilizer before covering and planting the potatoes.
Any comments?
David @ a still very wet side of Swansea Bay.

Hadn't though of that but it sounds good to me. Maybe scatter some
chicken pellets as the high nitrogen fertliser.

We put all our shredded paper in the compost heap.

I've been surprised how well shredded paper (and even cardboard) works
in a compost bin. I expect burying isn't quite the same, though. Less
air, I imagine.

Janet

---
http://www.avg.com