Old 14-04-2018, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Mice eating young brassicas

On 13/04/2018 12:37, Janet G wrote:
I have just taken the fleece off a planting of young cauliflowers and kale which went into the bed about three weeks ago. All the plants have been chewed down to bare stems, and in the middle of the bed is a mouse hole. After a short period of grieving I did some googling and came across the idea of surrounding each young plant with sprigs of holly. As I have another tray of seedlings to go out, I thought I’d try this.
Has anyone had a similar problem, tried holly or found another cunning solution?
Janet G

Are you sure that it's not slugs? Despite a few cold weeks this winter
I seem to have rather a lot of slugs and snails roaming around at the
moment.