Old 17-04-2018, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] trancenotes@gmail.com is offline

Default Palm tree has become wobbly at base of trunk

I have a palm three that's about 6ft tall. A few days ago, I noticed it was leaning slightly. On inspection, I found that it now wobbles at its base of its trunk. I'm not sure how this happened. We've had some freezing temps this year - and some strong winds, but not stronger than previous years. The tree was planted about 10 years ago.

Is the tree doomed, or is there a way to restore its stability?

Many thanks...

Al_V