Old 29-04-2018, 06:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] adeptican@gmail.com is offline

Default Palm tree has become wobbly at base of trunk

On Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 7:25:07 PM UTC+1, Jeff Layman wrote:
Whatever, I'd support it with some
struts and wait for several months just to see if it pulls through.

--

Jeff

Struts sound like an idea worth trying. Thank you for that.

By the way, the same thing happened to a cordyline I had some years ago in the same area. I wish I had then know your tip about cutting it off at the base and replanting the trunk! I suspected root rot, because the ground here is basically clay, except for the small area where the tree was planted, but underneath, it's all clay, so such plantings may get waterlogged in the root area.