Old 02-05-2018, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
david david is offline

Default Runner beans - sown direct - which way up?

On 02/05/2018 19:56, Chris wrote:
When runner bean seeds are pushed into the soil does it matter which way
up they go?

I guess that in nature they might fall flat on the ground, but some say
they should be on edge with the "eye" down.

Any knowledge of this?
Or - what do you do - and how well does it work?
Any controlled experiments?

You can do your own experiment just need 4 beans, we did that when I was
in school over 60 years ago, or if you have children then get them involved.