Old 28-05-2018, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Shrub IDs

These were taken yesterday at Pylewell Park near Lymington.

Unknown1:
https://imgur.com/a/jQ92d9f
https://imgur.com/TThdA9Z

Unknown2
https://imgur.com/kxAoBhw

Unknown1a (close-up Unknown1b) was about 4 x 4 metres in size.
Unknown2 was about the same size. I believe that Unknown2 had no scent.
I did not check that of Unknown1

I have no idea if these shrubs are deciduous or not. Pylewell Park has a
remarkable collection of plants, many dating from the late 19th or early
20th century, and coming from China, Australasia, and South America.
There were a couple of embothriums in flower, one of which was 6 - 7
metres high, and a large number of magnolia, cornus, and rhodos. With
many of the shrubs and trees I could not even guess which family they
were from!

This plant collection is well worth seeing, but maintenance of such a
large collection is difficult and time-consuming.

--

Jeff