Old 16-06-2018, 06:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Amos Nomore Amos Nomore is offline

Default Shredding & blowing peat moss on lawn?

On 2018-06-16 03:44:03 +0000, Phillip said:

replying to Warren, Phillip wrote:
Peat moss has been used for years to control take all patch diseases on
several turf species. A shreader would be helpful to get a fine powder
application for use on turf.

It would be more advantageous, but more work (depending on how serious
you get about machinery), to sift the peat moss. Reducing it to powder
will render its moisture, nutrient and gas holding capacity
drastically. I sift a 2cf bale or two every spring using a simple
wooden shaker tray with a 1/4" mesh hardware cloth screen. I enjoy the
work but many would not. You can find instructions to build all kinds
of powered sifters on the internet.