Old 26-04-2003, 12:37 PM
jerry rausch

Default Lab for gene sequencing in plant species?-Follow-up

The lab is Pioneer and they work with pretty much any type of genetic
material, not just plant.

jerry rausch wrote:
One of the major seed corn companies, Dekalb or Pioneer, has what was
described as "the largest gene lab in the world". I believe it is
located in Ohio.
I'll see if I can get more detailed info.

john clark wrote:

Can anyone identify a commercial lab in USA which perfoms gene
sequencing on
plant samples? What I have in mind is identification of base pair
differences between a "normal" plant and one with a single gene
mutation for
purposes of U.S. design patent application. Thanks.