Old 16-07-2018, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Another unknown plant

On 13/07/2018 12:47, David wrote:
Does anyone know what this plant is? Asking for a friend as I have no
idea, the leaves are throwing me.
http://i67.tinypic.com/2h867et.jpg

It might be Filipendula ulmaria, or possibly one of the foreign species,
but there's too few pixels for me to be sure. (It looks a bit chunky.)

Filipendula ulmaria would have smaller leaflets between the larger ones.

If not I would be looking at Valeriana and Apiaceae. I think Astilbe,
Aruncus and Sorbaria can be eliminated.

--
SRH