Old 22-07-2018, 08:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Tomato pesticides, anything better than Malathion?

Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* I've never used silver . DE works well for some bugs , esp. those
with hard outer shells like beetlesÂ* but for hornworms the solution is
Dipel , also known as Bacillus Thurigensis Kurstaki . I find it easier
to get a uniform application using dust and a small hand pump duster . I
use the same unit to apply DE - the thing is that if DE gets wet it
loses effectiveness and must be re-applied . We get heavy dew here
almost daily this time of year ...

i don't see many bugs on the tomatoes i want to
discourage. i much prefer to not cause problems
by spraying anything if i can help it. so far so
good.

songbird