Old 27-08-2018, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default Cleaning Paving

On 27/08/2018 13:01, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 27/08/18 12:21, Endulini wrote:
Hi Folks,

I would like to clean a build up of moss off my patio area, I have a
power-washer to do the final clean but it has struggled in the past with
some of the larger build up of moss in some areas. Can anyone
recommend any
of the cleaning agents that you water/brush on and leave to dry or are
they
a much-of-a-muchness? I'm not bothered by whether it is 'organic' or
'chemical-free' or any of that nonsense, I just want something that
works.

Cheers

I'd be interested in a recommendation, too.

What sort of power-washer head are you talking about? IME, the rotating
heads do not clean anywhere near as well as the standard lances, but
then again they don't make anywhere near the mess that lances do.

Biological washing powder kills moss very well. Very good on lawns as it
does not affect the grass. Not tried it on stone though.