Old 29-10-2018, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Rusty Paving Slabs

On 29/10/2018 11:29, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Roger Tonkin wrote:
Due to leaving a packet of Ferrous sulphate out on a raily day,
I've now got rusty slabs!

I've tried scrubbing them, which has helped a bit, but am
wondering if there is anything I can do to clean them up
properly, borrow a hgih pressure spray?, apply some chemical?

Whatever as it is only a small area, it must leave the slabs
looking like the remainder of the patio, otherwise swmbo will
continue to moan

Sort of a nuclear option, but I used Ferrous Sulphate to make mine /all/
brown.Â* I prefer them like that.Â* I did that after I failed to find a
way to get the stains off.

Another option is to stand a large pot or urn on the stain and just hide it.