Old 26-04-2003, 12:44 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default minnows

We have mosquito fish throughout. They DO go through the filter (in a g al
bucket on the bottom of the pond). No mosquitoes anywhere. Good in this
day of West Nile. Our tropicals (platties, swords, mollies) have to be
taken out (some of the 1,00+ that are there by the end of the season) and
kept indoors through the winter. The mosquito fish (gambusia) havdle the
winter just fine and are ready when the spring skeeters are.

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
"Priscilla McCullough" wrote in message

I was just thinking about the veggie filter.
For those of you who have them, do you have any minnows in there to help
with the mosquitoe lava? And if you do, how do you keep them from being
spilled into the pond. I know of several people whos pond got over taken
with the minnows.
Also, how long do minnows live?
I some how got one in my midget pond 3 yrs ago and he's still in there.
Priss
http://priss31.tripod.com/SmallPond.html