Old 28-12-2018, 03:37 AM
Zoey Zoey is offline
Registered User

Smile Imperative to teach kids gardening

It's an old discussion, but dear to my heart. Like someone else said in an earlier post, kids need to see older people gardening to get drawn into it. Our kids saw my mum potter around the garden. She got them to help with planting and pulling out weeds. Slowly they wrote out cards for her trays. When our daughter had to put a project together we were surprised to see her use flash cards with gardening details from her gran's patch! Interestingly our daughter taught her gran to use technology and now she happily shares images and gardening trivia with friends using her phone. School projects and bonding happened over gardening!