Old 26-04-2003, 01:21 PM
James Ervin

Default pearling after water change

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 02:13:00 -0500, Eric Schreiber
wrote:
Grrr. I want pearling!

With that much CO2, decent light and regular fertilizer, you should
see ample pearling. What do you mean by "fertilize". If you are
using the PMDD (which has both macro and micro nutrients) you should
have results.

New cuttings from the LFS in my 30ppm CO2 tank perl withing 2 hours of
being put in.

Perhaps the liquid rock you have for water is effecting it in some
way. Wow. What is your gH and kH out of the tap? Mine are
0/0....too bad we can't mix our water sources.

As for the high CO2, that's new. Usually I'm struggling to get it into
the 20s range.

Doing the math puts your normal pH in the 7.6 range then? (18kH CO2
20ppm).

Good luck and try the PMDD, it is a real pain to source out all the
parts, but once you have them, you have enough for the rest of your
life. He he he he.