Old 24-06-2019, 10:47 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Marland Marland is offline

Default Transportable Shed Base

john west wrote:

A pal has offered to build a wooden shed for our allotment.

At some time in the future the shed will most likely need to be moved to
a different plot. It seems a good and inexpensive floor for the shed
would be a Cement one. But we have to rule that out in terms of it
being difficult to move.

What might be a 'lowest' cost, but transportable floor for a wooden
shed please ?

You haven’t indicated how big this shed is but as it going to be moved it
cannot be too big unless you are using a crane.

We have a 10’ x6’ shed that has lived in two locations . Knowing it would
need to be moved I made a base of plastic pallets obtained secondhand
resting on level then compacted soil.
Being plastic they haven’t rotted like wooden ones would have done,
and added bonus is the construction of the particular design of plastic
pallet we got is a lot less open than wooden ones. That means the
apertures for the fork lift prongs and some other ones that just happen to
be there are useful areas to store long things like canes and other plant
supports etc which live in the dry but off the ground .

GH