Old 24-06-2019, 05:20 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Transportable Shed Base

On 23/06/2019 11:57, john west wrote:

A pal has offered to build a wooden shed for our allotment.

At some time in the future the shed will most likely need to be moved to
a different plot. It seems a good and inexpensive floor for the shed
would be a Cement one.Â* But we have to rule that out in terms of it
being difficult to move.

What might be a 'lowest' cost,Â* but transportable floor for a wooden
shed please ?

Make a ladder base for the shed out of 3x2 (or similar) tanalised
timber. Cut some slabs into 4" wide strips and use the strips as upright
posts to attach the base to (i.e. dig holes and use postcrete to secure
the strips vertically). Bolt base to slab strips and screw shed to base.
When it's time to move the shed: unbolt the base from the concrete
strips and drag it to new location and use new slab strips. I did this a
while ago and it was very successful, cheap and does not require a
concrete slab. Also, it allows air under the shed and there is nothing
to rot.