Old 26-04-2003, 01:24 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default Common Names

P van Rijckevorsel, writes
There is such a thing as a separate Scots [?] language, a form of Gaelic.

Perhaps it stems from there ...

Stewart Robert Hinsley schreef
There is a case for recognising Scots (aka Lallans) as a language

separate from English, but this is a language belonging to the Anglo-
Frisian branch of Germanic. The Goidelic language of Scotland is called
Gaelic, or Scots Gaelic if you wish to distinguish it from Irish and
Manx Gaelic.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

I guess I should not be surprised that it is more complicated than I
imagined. I have a "Gaelic Names of Plants" and thought this covered it. I
suppose there is a "Scots Names of Plants" as well?

I suppose this Scots is the language of "Kinmont Willie" and the like?
PvR