Old 20-02-2020, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Potting Camellia

On 20/02/2020 20:37, john west wrote:
Its time to put some of our purchased Camellias into larger plots.

Would mixing half my garden soil (which i'm told is fairly neutral) and
half ericaceous compost be about right as a mix?

Also i have access to some rotted down pine needles below a big pine
tree and i understand this is fairly acidic.

Would there be any advantage in using the pine needle compost over the
purchased ericaceous compost of might it be too strong?

Thanks for any advice.

I have potted Camelias on using a mix of coarse sand pearlite and pure
peat. They did well.