Old 07-04-2020, 07:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default And so it begins

On 4/7/2020 10:25 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 4/6/2020 9:22 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â*Today was tilling day for a new patch to plant some blueberries and
most of the rest of the garden . It was also bee hive splitting and
onion planting day . Tomorrow I'll be picking up some seedlings at the
co-op ... I probably won't plant them right away , we're forecast for
one more frost and I don't want to buy 'em twice . I'll be waiting a
couple of weeks minimum to plant the vine crops , got some cukes and
zukes and squashes I want to grow this year . And the strawberry patch
is blowin' up and the bees are working it steadily . I'm really
optimistic about the garden this year , it's started out really well ...

My son has been raising his own veggies from seed for the last month. So
far, so good! Now all he has to do is clean out the old chicken coup to
put his new hen chicks in it.

Â* If he's planning on using that chicken litter as fertilizer make sure
he knows that it must be composted before use . It's really high in
nitrogen and will burn the tender young roots if he uses it straight
from the coop .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old