Old 12-04-2020, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Can you identify this weed/flower

In article ,
Emrys Davies wrote:

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message

Stewart; Just a point of interest to me, these plants are less that a meter
from out very precious bowling green. I have read about them firing their
seeds far and wide so obviously some of them will land on the green. The
latter is cut very low three or four times a week in the early spring and
summer and there is not a weed in sight so do you think that there is any
chance of this plant being invasive in any way? I tend the green and have
not seen any evidence of them so far.

Very few taller plants will tolerate that sort of cutting.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.