Old 06-05-2020, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Clematis ID

On 06/05/20 11:26, Charlie Pridham wrote:
On 06/05/2020 09:41, Jeff Layman wrote:
I bought this a few years ago, but the label has disappeared.

It is in flower now, and the flowers are around 15cm across.Â* I though
they were just doubles, white to off-white, but the second photo showing
the outer petals with quite strong green markings, and some in the
centre is something I haven't noticed before. Even the first photo shows
some light greenish shading towards the centre.

https://ibb.co/hLrfj9B
https://ibb.co/fd3dxPJ

Its Duchess of Edinburgh

Thanks Charlie - spot on!

I remember now when I bought it, at the same time as "Barbara
Harrington", that I thought the name "Duchess of Edinburgh" was very
unusual. Despite "Duke of Edinburgh" being heard everywhere in relation
to a certain Royal, I'd never heard the term "Duchess of Edinburgh"
until then.

--

Jeff