Old 27-05-2020, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Tree ID help for a found branch?!

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
I have posted the image he
http://tinyurl.com/y7xb7olq

I don't know the answer, but if it has a soft milky white core, that
suggests to me it's not a woody tree as such but possibly a fast
growing shrub or perennial.

Try Sambucus nigra (elder, elderberry), which is soft-cored, and whose
young branches look rather like this.

Yes, I was going to suggest that earlier and having taken a look at
the picture I'd say it's almost certainly elder.

To the OP it won't make a very good stick for anything, elder isn't
very good wood for strength or toughness.

--
Chris Green
ยท