Old 03-06-2020, 04:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default pine stump grinding

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 9:54:59 AM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
I am going to have two pine tree stumps ground up. They are from trees
that fell over the last week. They are about 3 feet in diameter. That
means a lot of ground up stuff to get rid of.

I am getting conflicting info about what to do with it. I have plenty
of land in the woods to dump it, but was told it was good for the garden
as mulch.
I do not do much but do have about 20 tomato plants and a few squarsh
and cantalope plants in an area that is about 20 by maybe 40 feet.Some
tell me to put the grindings on that garden spot. Some say it is bad for
the soil.

What would you do with the grindings ?

My wife has been using wood chips as mulch for her garden for years. We also use the wood chips as mulch for the paths leading to the greenhouse and for the greenhouse floor.

Paul