Old 16-06-2020, 03:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default No blooms on tomato plants

I live in the middle of NC.

I started several types of tomatoes in the house and transplanted them
to the garden around the middle of April.

The Better Boys and Celeberties are looking good and have green tomatoes
on them around the size of golf balls and larger.

I ordered the seeds from a company and they sent me a package of free
seeds for Orange Oxheart. Never raised them before. The package says
76 days, around the same time as the others I have.

The plants are up to about 3 or 4 feet tall. All 3 of them that I put
out. There is not a single bloom on any of the 3. And of course no
tomatoes either. Has anyone else seen tomato plants grow and not put
out any blooms ? If it was not for the other 10 or so plants of other
varities I may have thought some animal had eaten the blooms.

The plants are in wire cages and have not been pruned or suckered.