Old 17-06-2020, 12:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default No blooms on tomato plants

In article , says...

Interesting, thank you for sharing. I have never heard of 'Bull
Tomatoes' either.

That was the first time I had ever seen tomatoes without blooms.

From the quick search I did it seems that most any varity of the
tomatoes can do that. It is just the individual odd plant that is called
the Bull tomato. Sort of a non scientific term.

As mentioned there are many varities of tomatoes called Bull something
or other. They do fine. It is just the rare seed from most any varity
can do that. It really struck me as I had 3 plants of the same kind do
that while several other varities in the same about 20x20 foot space
have tomatoes around golf ball size that were set out at the same time.
The number of days on the package to fruit was about the same within a
day or two.