Old 22-06-2020, 03:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] fred.simms.jr@gmail.com is offline

Default Canary Island Palm root ball

I have a 30 ft Canary Island Palm, 25 inch diameter main trunk at 2 ft from the ground. Main trunk is about 2 ft from a wall.

it has not been maintained for years. Smaller trunks have come up all around the base, and one on the back is now touching the wall.

I plan to cut the back trunk off to the ground and not the entire tree.

My question is, will it damage the tree if i continue to cut downward into the root ball?

If you email me i cab send you photos. Thx.

(Is there another group that is more on trees, palms, etc?)