Old 02-07-2020, 02:07 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] fred.simms.jr@gmail.com is offline

Default Canary Island Palm root ball

Yep, the guy was thinking i just got off a bus with a chicken...

I did more reasearch and talking around. I have to be really sure if i leave this palm in.

I may be repeating.... The trunk is about 20 in diameter at 2 feet off the ground which is the top of the root ball. The block wall is 16 inces from the side of the trunk. Root ball speads out and touches the wall but roots just turn away and dont push the wall.

I need to demo the wall and replace it on the same foundation. Its on property line and i cant move wall away farther from tree.

What im wondering is if i can cut the root ball straight down that side if the trunk and stop at the ground, would the rest of the roots be enough to keep the palm from tipping?

Cost to remove tree is $1500-2500 from quotes on site. Cutting rootball i can do myself.

Local nurseries dont seem knowledgable. Arborist society wont refer anyone. Glad to pay someone with correct info to come and advise.