Old 02-03-2003, 04:27 PM
George D

Default how can i kill rye grass??

Kyle Boatright wrote:

Ask THEM for a suggested method. I can't think of one, other than allowing
warm (and possibly dry) weather to do in the rye grass. Annual rye (that is
what you planted, right?) absolutely doesn't like hot, dry weather.

Tell 'em you didn't know the rule, but the rye will die this spring/summer
and you won't make the same mistake again. That might satisfy them.

As a last resort, most homeowner's groups have very limited powers and you
can stall them for quite a while until the weather takes care of the problem
for you. Ask for a hearing to discuss the issue. Push the hearing date
back as far as you can. At the hearing, ask for a long time (months) to
correct the situation. If you can stall them a few months, annual rye will
disappear on its own accord.

Just don't let it seed. I have rye grass every winter in parts of my yard and every bit of it is
volunteer.
--
George D
Phoenix, AZ

The reward for a good deed is to have done it.

Please use this address to mail me. Or remove the arizona in the link.
Remember there is no Arizona.

ALL emails incoming and outgoing are run thru Norton and AVG anti virus.