Old 26-04-2003, 01:27 PM
Iris Cohen

Default Calendars

If I read this correctly you are stating that America is a Hebrew country?

Not at all. It is the custom in Europe (as far as I know), and some other parts
of the world, for calendars to be printed with Monday as the first day of the
week and Sunday as the last, which apparently you are used to. In the US, all
calendars are printed with Sunday as the first day of the week and Saturday as
the last. I don't know how or when this distinction came about, but I would not
be surprised if it was due to the extreme Reformism of the early colonists.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"The trouble with people is not that they don't know but that they know so much
that ain't so."
Josh Billings (Henry Wheeler Shaw), 1818-1885