Old 24-08-2020, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Foxggloves

On 24/08/2020 10:07, Jim S wrote:
I had a single foxglove appear in a tub this year. There are no foxgloves
anywhere in the neighbourhodd that I can see. It flowered well and I moved
it into the garden after flowering.

The seeds are fine like dust and probably arrived on a birds feet or
feathers. Worth taking the seed heads off to encourage more flowers and
avoid having zillions of seedlings. They are not that bad though for
invasiveness since the seedlings flower in their second year of growth.

Some can survive the winter like a short lived perennial. These winters
are so mild recently that pelargoniums and antirrhinums do this too.

Now I have another in a different tub looking as if it will flower. I
expected them to have a flowering season, but it seems random.
Any digitalists here?

I have a variety of them in my garden including pale ones and whites. Do
remember that they are fairly toxic if you have small children about.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown