Old 28-08-2020, 09:51 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Too Many Melons

Pavel314 wrote:
I searched online and found a lot of recipes for cantaloupe pies, salads, jams, etc. My wife isn't interested in any of those. I may try making a batch of cantaloupe wine.

like i suspected too many all at once. i have called
my friends to see how many they might come to pick up
today. there's probably six or more out there ready to
come in.

i picked three yesterday that were ready and all of
them were good. i ate half of one or more, but that's
about my limit for a day. the rest i cut up and we
have a container in the fridge that will last another
day or two.

out in the garden there is one that i missed picking
yesterday so either my friends will get it today or
i'll pick it to see how ripe it is at that color. it
is fully orange - that may be overripe.

songbird