Old 26-04-2003, 01:27 PM
Christopher Green

Default colchic

"fabre andr " wrote in message ...
Thank you for your kind answer. I still don't know where I can find
references, besides Pliny and Dioscorides, on colchic, colchicum,
ephemerum, spalax or hermodactylus. Would you have any suggestion on the
subject ?

Sincerely,

André J. Fabre

Also try under the common names "meadow saffron" and "autumn crocus"
and the genus-species, "Colchicum autumnale". One site is
http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/s/safmea04.html

Colchicine is a deadly poison if misused, even just a little bit. Take
care if you're interested in using or preparing it. If you're an
amateur at herbs, it would be well to avoid altogether.

--
Chris Green