Old 08-11-2020, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Advice on treating largeoutdoor pots with Jeyes?

On 08/11/2020 08:42, Broadback wrote:
I have number of large outdoor pots that I wish to treat with Jeyes
Fluid. I have no container large enough to submerse them in. Any
suggestions please?also what dilution should i use? TIA

Why do you want to do it apart from to make them smell of coal tar?

Ordinary washing up liquid or Flash will do just as well for cleaning
pots unless there is some nasty infection like blight to get rid of.
Jeyes will probably kill root mealy bug eggs more effectively too.

Some of whatever you choose in a bucket and a bristle panscrub for large
pots or old toothbrush for smaller pots is what I use.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown