Old 11-11-2020, 01:17 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Default Plastic tubs

On 11/11/2020 11:44, Chris J Dixon wrote:
I have a number of the ubiquitous plastic tubs similar to these:

https://tinyurl.com/y5n43v7f

but all seem to eventually split near the handles after moderate
domestic use around the garden.

Has anyone found any that are longer-lasting, at a sensible
price?

I am not really happy to say "They're cheap, just send them to
landfill."

I thought it was just me that snapped the handles off them.

I have solved it by drilling a few holes in the sides and reinforcing
the handle with plastic coated gardening wire. I also use wire staples
to rejoin any splits in the sides.

Basically we shouldn't be filling them so full, but it happens...

--
Regards,
Martin Brown