Old 11-11-2020, 03:25 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
williamwright williamwright is offline

Default Plastic tubs

On 11/11/2020 11:44, Chris J Dixon wrote:
I am not really happy to say "They're cheap, just send them to
landfill."

The whole idea of them being cheap is so you can send them to the tip
and buy new ones.

I don't like the expression 'landfill'. It makes it sound as if it's
something bad. When I was a kid there was a council tip near school and
we used to go on it to see what we could find. They were tipping to a
depth of about 20 feet. We got lots of good stuff from it, bike parts,
wirelesses, dead U2s (put them in the oven to make them work then sell
them to the other kids for their bike lamps). Anyway, I digress. The
parts of the field that hadn't been tipped on used to flood most years,
otherwise there would have been houses there. But there are houses now
because thanks to the tipping the ground is about 15ft higher. Here and
there are pipes sticking up about 20 foot, and each one has a gas flame,
which is lovely for the residents at Christmas.

Bill