Old 18-11-2020, 05:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Opinicus[_3_] Opinicus[_3_] is offline

Default my little siamese triplet echinopsis-babies - bob's desert patch.jpg

On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 06:40:07 -0500, wrote:

I have a small collection of cacti and succulents.

So have I. (See pic.) I finally got around to putting it together
about two weeks ago and I'm wondering how often I need to water it. It
gets plenty of daylight but not much direct sunlight.

Never having been to your section of the world I do not know your
climate. You are on the cool and damp side?

The planter is in front of a window in my study. It gets lots of
daylight but direct sunlight only for a couple of hours in the
afternoon, more in summer. Since it's in my study I keep the room at
"room temperature" for the most part. I live on the seacoast north of
Izmir but the we rarely get much humidity because of constant winds
from the northeast. FWIW, a few cactuses do survive on their own here
and there outdoors though I don't imagine they enjoy it much during
winter, when the weather sometimes gets harsh. I asked a local florist
about watering yesterday and she said to feed them a little water
using an eyedropper applied to the roots once every two weeks and not
to get any water on the bodies of the plants themselves.

--
Bob
Sidera errantia quibus procella tenebrarum in aeternum servata est