Old 28-11-2020, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Another John Another John is offline

Default Plastic tubs

On 11 Nov 2020 at 11:44:16 GMT, "Chris J Dixon" wrote:

I have a number of the ubiquitous plastic tubs similar to these:

https://tinyurl.com/y5n43v7f

but all seem to eventually split near the handles after moderate
domestic use around the garden.

Just seen this, because I'm trying out Usenapp on my "other" iMac -- must have
missed it on my usual "Usenet" iMac. Anyway ...

Chris, (similar to Martin's solution) when a handle snaps off one of mine, I
drill four holes about 3/8" diameter in the plastic, two each to either side
of where the handle was (and therefore where its toughest).

Then I thread stout nylon cord/rope through the holes to give a double loop,
approx the size of the handle, and tie a reef knot. I have about five such
handles by now -- the trugs themselves last extremely well, given the use they
get!

John