Old 27-02-2021, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Deter Woodlice from an area?

On 23/02/2021 20:22, Jon Nicoll wrote:
Hi there
can anyone suggest something that would keep woodlice away from an area - not necessarily killing them?

Our wooden children's playhouse has a few clusters of the wee beasties inside. I don't mind them, know that they do good in the garden, etc, but would prefer they didn't hang around there. I can collect them up mechanically and put them in the composter but I presume others will take their place. Is there something they don't like the smell of, say (but humans don't mind) so that if applied they tend to wander off elsewhere?

Thanks
J^n

Don't know the answer to your question , but I do know they eat decaying
matter so the only reason they are there is that the structure is rotting!

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall