Old 27-02-2021, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Deter Woodlice from an area?

In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:

Don't know the answer to your question , but I do know they eat decaying
matter so the only reason they are there is that the structure is rotting!

I hope not. About once a week we find one in the lounge, usually
crawling along the carpet. But one a few minutes ago really puzzled us -
it was a metre off the floor crawling up one of the lounge curtain ties!

We have no idea where they come from and how they get in (this is a 60s
built bungalow with suspended wooden floors over bare earth).

Odd. Anyway, they are completely harmless, and can be ignored. One of
my children (when very young) always called them woodlemice, and probably
ate quite a few.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.